Head of Vision, MindMaze SA
Co-Director of BLAM Lab
John C. Malone Professor
Professor of Neurology, Neuroscience, & Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
External Professor, The Santa Fe Institute
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Department of Neurology
Pathology Bldg, Room 210
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287
Dr. Krakauer is currently John C. Malone Professor of Neurology, Neuroscience, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Director of the Brain, Learning, Adaptation, and Movement Lab (www.BLAM-lab.org) at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of research interest are:
(1) Experimental and computational studies of motor control and motor learning in humans
(2) Tracking long-term motor skill learning and its relation to higher cognitive processes such as decision-making.
(3) Prediction of motor recovery after stroke
(4) Mechanisms of spontaneous motor recovery after stroke in humans and in mouse models
(5) New neuro-rehabilitation approaches for patients in the first 3 months after stroke.
Dr. Krakauer is also the Head of Vision for MindMaze SA, a Swiss unicorn startup pioneering digital neurotherapeutics. He has been a strong advocate for the MindMotion GO therapeutic program (now used by the Johns Hopkins Hospital), as well as leading the success of the MindPod with over $100,000 in total gross sales globally by the end of 2022.